Sep 8, 2019
We love projects where we can reuse existing products. It saves time, resources and expense.
We recently altered a set of awning walls for a Jayco Journey Outback caravan installed with an electric awning. Our task was to re-use some existing walls that had originally been made for a different awning. Challlenge accepted.
The process ….
- the long wall needed to be 100mm higher to suit the new awning. We removed the wall, add extra fabric to the top edge.
- adjusted the width of the front and rear walls with matching fabric
- replaced the PVC triangle sections at the ends
The next challenge ….
A cubby was to be added to the rear of the annexe. The big arms of the electric awning meant that our standard cubby configuration was not an option so we devised another solution.
- added vertical zips to the existing rear wall window to convert into a large rollable door
- the new roof was made with the same roofline as the awning and the walls can be zipped off completely
We put a great deal of effort into the matching the canvas fabric, even matching the stripes so that the extra room looks like a continuous section of the original wall.
A word from our client
Wendy and Brian
Thank you Lindsay.
We are so happy with the work you did on our annexe and love the extra room you made. You did a terrific job working around the electric awning.
Appreciated your phone calls keeping us up to date with our design. Also was completed in a few days, very efficient. Couldn't recommend Lindsay’s work high enough.